John Bullitt (1956- ) is an American lay Buddhist and long-time student of the Dhamma. He received a B.A. in physics from Grinnell College and an M.A. in geophysics from the University of California, Berkeley. In the early 1990s he helped Ajahn Suwat establish Metta Forest Monastery in California and edited Bhikkhu Bodhi's manuscript of The Middle Length Discourses (Boston: » Wisdom Publications, 1995). In 1993 he launched Access to Insight, an online distributor of free Dhamma texts, of which he continues to serve as Editor.
- Befriending the Suttas: Tips on Reading the Pali Discourses, by John Bullitt (2001; 40k/10pp.)
- Beyond the Tipitaka: A Field Guide to Post-canonical Pali Literature, by John Bullitt (2002; 47k/12pp.)
- Frequently Asked Questions About Buddhism, by John Bullitt (2001; 99k/12pp.)
- A Guide to Learning the Pali Language, by John Bullitt (2004; 48k/12pp.)
- What is Theravada Buddhism?, by John Bullitt (2005; 34k/8pp.)