Mark Epstein, M.D. is an American psychiatrist and Theravada Buddhist teacher.
He graduated from Harvard College and the Harvard Medical School. He is a contributing editor to Tricycle: The Buddhist Review and Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychology at New York University.
- Epstein, Mark (2008). Going on Being: Life at the Crossroads of Buddhism and Psychotherapy. Somerville, Mass.: Wisdom Publications.
- Epstein, Mark (1998). Going to Pieces Without Falling Apart. New York: Broadway Books.
- Epstein, Mark (2005). Open to Desire: Embracing a Lust for Life Insights from Buddhism and Psychotherapy. New York: Gotham.
- Epstein, Mark (2008). Psychotherapy without the Self: A Buddhist Perspective. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press.
- Epstein, Mark (1995). Thoughts Without a Thinker . Basic Books.