5 subjects for impermanence recollection
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The five subjects for impermanence recollection:
1. I am of the nature to decay, I have not gone beyond decay.
2. I am of the nature to be diseased; I have not gone beyond disease.
3. I am of the nature to die; I have not gone beyond death.
4. All that is mine, dear, and delightful will change and vanish.
5. I am the owner of my kamma; the heir to my kamma; born of my kamma; related to my kamma; abide supported by my kamma. Whatever kamma I shall do, whether good or evil, of that I shall be the heir.
- The Complete Book of Buddha's Lists -- Explained. David N. Snyder, Ph.D., 2006.