Anussati: 'recollection', reflection, meditation, contemplation. The six recollections often described in the Suttas e.g. A. VI, 10, 25; D. 33 are:
- Recollection of the Buddha, buddhānussati
- Recollection of his Doctrine, The Dhamma, dhammānussati
- Recollection of his Sangha Community of Noble Disciples, sanghānussati
- Recollection of Morality, sīlānussati
- Recollection of Generosity, cāgānussati
- Recollection of divine beings, devatānussati.
Maha Thera Nyanatiloka. Manual of Buddhist Terms and Doctrines, Buddhist Publication Society, first edition 1952.