Dhammananda Bhikkhuni, Ph.D. (Chatsumarn Kabilsingh, b. 1945), ordained Bhikkhuni Dhammananda, is a Thai bhikkhuni (Buddhist nun). On February 28, 2003, Kabilsingh received full bhikkhuni (nun) ordination in Sri Lanka. She earned a Ph.D. at Thammasat University in Bangkok and was a professor of Buddhist philosophy for twenty-seven years and currently is abbot of the first temple in Thailand where there are fully ordained nuns.
Dhammananda Bhikkhuni at the Congress on Buddhist Women
|Education||B.A., M.A., Ph.D.|
|Alma mater||Thammasat University|
Buddhist publications in English
- A Comparative Study of Bhikkhunã Pàtimokkha. Chaukhambha Orientalia: India, 1981.
- A Cry From the Forest.1981. (further information unavailable)
- Bhikkhunã Pàtimokkha of the Six Existing Schools.tr. Bangkok, 1991. Sri Satguru Publications, 1998.
- ISBN: 9788170305705
- Buddhism and Nature Conservation.Bangkok, Thailand: Thammasat University Press, 1998.
- ISBN: 9789745716568
- "Early Buddhists on Nature" in This Sacred Earth by Roger S. Gottlieb. Routledge, 2004. 130-133.
- "Reading Buddhist Texts with New Light" in Buddhist Exploration of Peace and Justice by Chanju Mun and Ronald S. Green. Honolulu, HI: Blue Pine Books, 2006. 89-96.
- Thai Women in Buddhism.Berkeley, CA: Parallax Press, 1991.
- Women and Buddhism.Institute of Women's Studies (St. Scholastica's College), Isis International (Manila, Philippines). Manila: Isis International, 1996.
- Women in Buddhism: Questions and Answers.First published 1998.
- ISBN: 9745726079
- eBook: 
- Kristin Barendsen. "Ordained at Last". Retrieved on May 17, 2008.
- "Tolstoy Lectures". James Madison University. Retrieved on May 17, 2008.
- David N. Snyder, Ph.D. "Who's Who in Buddhism". Retrieved on May 17, 2008.
- http://books.google.com/books?id=qtJp7aAZV_oC accessed on 4/20/2009.
- http://books.google.com/books?id=au1oD1kKv94C accessed on 4/20/2009.