Hellmuth Hecker is a leading German writer on Buddhism and a translator from the Pali canon. His books include a german translation of the Samyutta Nikaya (parts 4 & 5) a two-volume chronicle on Buddhism in Germany, and a biography of Ven. Nyanatiloka Mahathera, the first German Buddhist monk.
- Ananda: The Guardian of the Dhamma [Browse] [PDF file] [PDF file]
by Hellmuth Hecker (Buddhist Publication Society Wheel Publication No. 273/274; 1980; 143k/39pp.)
- Anathapindika: The Great Benefactor, by Hellmuth Hecker (Buddhist Publication Society "Wheel" Publication No. 334; 1986; 72k/24pp.)
- Angulimala: A Murderer's Road to Sainthood, by Hellmuth Hecker (WH 312; 1984; 43k/13pp.)
- Buddhist Women at the Time of the Buddha, by Hellmuth Hecker (WH 292; 1982; 106k/35pp.)
- Maha Kassapa: Father of the Sangha, by Hellmuth Hecker (WH 345; 1987; 67k/22pp.)
(The Life of) Maha-Moggallana, by Hellmuth Hecker (WH 263; 1979; 89k/29pp.)